Attorney Bio | Candice Lazar
Ms. Lazar is of counsel to the Lomnitzer Law Firm, P.A.. Mrs. Lazar is licensed in Florida on the State and Federal level. Ms. Lazar practices entertainment law, intellectual property law, and civil litigation. Prior to joining The Lomnitzer Law Firm, she practiced trademark law with a focus on anti-counterfeiting.
Ms. Lazar earned a Bachelor of Arts degree summa cum laude from Michigan State University and a Master of Science in Management from Walsh College before graduating cum laude from the University of Miami School of Law. She had two articles published during law school. She served as Executive Editor of the International and Comparative Law Review and earned the CALI Excellence for the Future Award in her Wrongful Convictions course.
Ms. Lazar previously worked in audio and video production and post production in the advertising industry. Her experience gives her a unique perspective into the fields of entertainment law and intellectual property law.
- New Zealand’s Litigation-Related Name Suppression Policies: A Workable Model for the United States. Published July, 2013 in the University Of Miami International & Comparative Law Review Vol. 20 Issue 1.
- Can A Public High School Require An Otherwise Non-Disruptive Student to Cover a Swastika Tattoo? Published November, 2012 in the Anti-Defamation League Florida Region 2012 Summer Associate Research Program Compilation Of Summary Memos.
- Juris Doctor, University of Miami School of Law
- Master of Science in Management, Walsh College
- Bachelor of Arts in Communication, Michigan State University
- State of Florida
- United States District Court, Southern District of Florida
Professional Associations and Memberships
- Broward County Bar Association
- Dade County Bar Association
- American Bar Association
- American Intellectual Property Law Association
- The Florida Bar Entertainment and Sports Law Section