Attorney Bio | Diana Mederos
Diana Mederos is a registered patent attorney, serving of counsel to the firm. Ms. Mederos focuses on helping individuals, startups, and small-medium sized businesses build and leverage domestic and international intellectual property portfolios comprising patents, trademarks, copyrights, and trade secrets. Ms. Mederos has successfully negotiated fair and reasonable resolutions to intellectual property disputes. Furthermore, Ms. Mederos is keen on protecting her clients’ interests with intellectual property and technology related agreements tailored to achieve her clients’ goals.
In law school, Ms. Mederos gained a coveted spot on the top-ranked Florida Coastal Moot Court Honor Board, winning and becoming an out-round finalist in various competitions. Ms. Mederos obtained specialization certificates in Advanced Legal Research, Writing, and Drafting and in Environmental Law. Ms. Mederos was awarded the CALI Excellence for the Future Award for her scholarly legal research on the convergence of sprawl, waterworks, and public health and on the problems with the EPA and the FDA in regulating Triclosan and what the future holds for human and environmental health.
While at the University of Florida, Ms. Mederos worked as a research assistant in an immunology laboratory and in a nuclear magnetic resonance laboratory where she researched the relative in vitro stimulatory effect of mutant and wild-type isolated lipoteichoic acid and comparative metabolic profiling with the use of carbon 13 and proton NMR probes.
Ms. Mederos’s undergraduate honors thesis included research on sediment toxicity, invasive species eradication methods, streamflow hydrologic and hydraulic modelling, historical watershed mapping with geographic information systems, and water quality analyses based on biogeochemical parameters.
- American Intellectual Property Law Association
- Intellectual Property Law Association of Florida
- American Chemical Society, Committee on Patents and Related Matters,
- Legislation and Regulation Subcommittee
- Florida Bar Business Law Section
- National Association of Cosmetic Chemists
- American Association for the Advancement of Science
- South Palm Beach County Bar Association
- Florida Association of Women Lawyers
- U.S. Patent and Trademark Office
- Federal Courts:
– Eleventh and Federal Circuit Courts of Appeals
– Middle and Southern Districts of Florida
– Eastern and Western Districts of Texas
- Florida Coastal School of Law (J.D.)
- University of Florida (M.S., Pharmaceutical Chemistry)
- Texas A&M International University (B.S., Biology and Environmental Science, cum laude)