A copyright attorney can be utilized to successfully complete a copyright registration, providing the owner of record with protection and the ability to demand enforceable action against copyright infringement.
The Lomnitzer Law Firm, P.A. focuses on Intellectual Property law and our attorneys are well prepared to advise, guide, and represent in all areas of copyright law ranging from protection to infringement defense. Whether you are the victim or the accused, contact our office for immediate assistance regarding copyright law.
Copyright law protects works of art such as:
- Sound Recordings
- Graphic Designs
- Computer Software
All of the above and more may be protected under copyright law. With copyright protection, the owner is granted the right to exclude others from:
- Reproducing or copying the work
- Preparing derivative works based upon the work
- Distributing copies of the work to the public for sale, rental or lease, or lending
- Performing the work publicly live or in a digital/audio transmission
- Displaying the work publicly
When protecting your work with a copyright, you are in a position to demand an immediate cease and desist of improper use or copy, as well as collecting monetary damages, up to triple damages, and attorney fees from anyone determined to act in a manner consistent with copyright infringement. While copyright infringement is taken seriously and carries powerful remedies, you must have properly filed for and have been granted copyright protection in order to enforce your rights.
When applied for through The Lomnitzer Law Firm, P.A., copyright registration is a simple, quick, inexpensive insurance policy for your interests. Over the years, Lorri Lomnitzer and her staff have secured copyrights for clients nationwide in a multitude of diverse industries. When infringed upon, our firm has an excellent record in successfully enforcing the protection provided under copyright law.
When retained for copyright registration, The Lomnitzer Law Firm, P.A. will act as your copyright attorney, completing the following in a timely manner:
- Determine the proper classification and prepare the appropriate forms for submission.
- Prepare clear rendition of material being submitted for copyright.
- Send all documents to U.S. Copyright Office in Washington, D.C.
- Follow up until the copyright is registered and delivered to the owner.
To learn more about how the copyright lawyers at The Lomnitzer Law Firm, P.A. can represent your interests regarding copyright registration in West Palm Beach, Boca Raton, Fort Lauderdale, Miami, or any surrounding areas, contact us today.