A copyright attorney can be utilized to successfully complete a registration, providing the owner of record with protection and the ability to demand enforceable action against infringement.
Boca Raton Copyright Attorney
The Lomnitzer Law Firm, P.A. focuses on Intellectual Property law and our attorneys are well prepared to advise, guide, and represent in all areas of copyright law ranging from registration protection to infringement defense. Whether you are a infringement victim or the accused, contact our office for immediate assistance.
Law Protections in Boca Raton
The laws protect works of art such as:
- Sound Recordings
- Graphic Designs
- Computer Software
All of the above and more may be protected under copyright law. With protection, the owner is granted the right to exclude others from:
- Reproducing or copying the work
- Preparing derivative works based upon the work
- Distributing copies of the work to the public for sale, rental or lease, or lending
- Performing the work publicly live or in a digital/audio transmission
- Displaying the work publicly
When protecting your work with a copyright, you are in a position to demand an immediate cease and desist of improper use or copy, as well as collecting monetary damages, up to triple damages, and attorney fees from anyone determined to act in a manner consistent with infringement. While copyright infringement is taken seriously and carries powerful remedies, you must have properly filed for and have been granted copyright protection in order to enforce your rights.
When applied for through The Lomnitzer Law Firm, P.A., copyright registration is a simple, quick, inexpensive insurance policy for your interests. Over the years, Lorri Lomnitzer and her staff have secured these for clients nationwide in a multitude of diverse industries. When infringed upon, our firm has an excellent record in successfully enforcing the protection provided under law.
When retained for copyright registration, The Lomnitzer Law Firm, P.A. will act as your attorney, completing the following in a timely manner:
- Determine the proper classification and prepare the appropriate forms for submission.
- Prepare clear rendition of material being submitted for registration.
- Send all documents to U.S. Copyright Office in Washington, D.C.
- Follow up until it is registered and delivered to the owner.
Contact Our Expert Boca Raton Copyright Attorneys Today!
To learn more about how the lawyers at The Lomnitzer Law Firm, P.A. can represent your interests regarding registration in West Palm Beach, Boca Raton, Fort Lauderdale, Miami, or any surrounding areas, contact us today.